Our specialists at Bio-One of Orange provide COVID-19 decontamination services for your home or business, especially if people infected with the COVID-19 virus have recently been on the property. Keep in mind no cleaning procedure completely guarantees the elimination of pathogens, but thorough disinfection and decontamination suppress the spread of the Coronavirus disease.
The best way to determine whether you’re sick with COVID-19 or the flu is by testing. It will determine which treatment is most suitable for the disease (as of today, the FDA has only approved Remdesivir to treat COVID-19). As an informative resource, we have put together a list of similarities and differences between the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and Influenza (Flu) in case you or someone you know is showing symptoms of illness.
Similar symptoms in Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the Influenza virus (Flu)
Both COVID-19 and flu share the following symptoms, with variations from no symptoms at all to severe complications (it also depends on whether the person suffers from pre-existing medical conditions, especially in the respiratory system):
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Body aches and chills
- Diarrhea (more common in COVID-19 cases)
- Vomiting (more common in COVID-19 cases)
- Loss of appetite and taste (more common in COVID-19 cases)
Getting tested is the best way to determine whether the person is sick with COVID-19, flu, or both. For more detailed information about each virus, you can check COVID-19 symptoms and flu symptoms separately. If you need help with COVID-19 decontamination, call the Bio-One team today.
Differences between COVID-19 and the Influenza virus (Flu)
- When a person becomes infected with the flu, symptoms usually start to develop and show from 1 to 4 days after exposure; when a person becomes infected with COVID-19, symptoms may not be visible until anywhere from 2 to 14 days after exposure.
- While it’s possible to spread the virus for even one day before experiencing both COVID-19 and flu symptoms, COVID-19 people may be more contagious after showing symptoms. As new variants like Delta and Omicron have arisen, this information is under study and constant update by health professionals.
- While both COVID-19 and the flu spread through close contact, COVID-19 is known to be more contagious than the flu.
- Most people can recover from flu at home with over-the-counter medication (as we mentioned, people with respiratory problems may experience complications or more severe symptoms). When a person becomes infected with COVID-19, symptoms may result in hospitalization, even in healthy people. COVID-19 is known to cause more damage than other viral diseases.
- The FDA approves many over-the-counter medications to treat Influenza or flu virus. As of today, the FDA has only approved one medication, remdesivir, to treat COVID-19. There are other investigational medications approved under emergency conditions only to allow healthcare providers to treat COVID-19 symptoms.
- There are multiple approved vaccines for the Influenza or flu virus. There are only three FDA-approved vaccines for COVID-19 (there are other vaccines under development and study).
COVID-19 Decontamination: Bio-One of Orange can help
Disinfection and decontamination is recommended to minimize the risk of spreading the virus. Bio-One of Orange provides COVID-19 decontamination services for residential and commercial properties, vehicles, and areas where the virus pathogens may be present.
Help First, Business Second!
Bio-One of Orange offers a quick solution to life’s most difficult and unexpected situations. Locally owned, we provide top-quality, industry-leading cleaning, sanitation, and decontamination services in:
- Blood spill and biohazard cleanup services
- Crime and trauma scene cleanup services
- Bodily fluids cleanup services
- Feces and urine cleanup services
- Undiscovered death cleanup services
- Homicide/Suicide cleanup services
- Virus Disinfection
- Medical waste disposal services
- Fentanyl cleanup services
- Mold remediation services
- Odor removal services
- Sewage backup cleanup services
Hoarding Cleanup & Clutter Removal Services
- Hoarding cleanup services
- Animal hoarding cleanup services
- Rodent droppings removal services
- Gross filth cleanup services
- Declutter and junk removal
- Deep clean
- Hazardous waste removal
SERVING ORANGE COUNTY & SURROUNDING COMMUNITIES
Locally owned, Bio-One of Orange is proud to serve Orange County and surrounding Southern California areas: Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Dana Point, Fountain Valley, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, La Palma, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Los Alamitos, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Orange, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Seal Beach, Stanton, Tustin, Villa Park, Westminster, and Yorba Linda!
Our professional COVID-19 decontamination technicians are ready to help. Bio-One of Orange, a proud member of the Orange Chamber of Commerce, is available 24/7, 365 days a year. Contact us at 714-397-8375.